Almost 50 years ago, fried chicken tycoon David Bamberger used his fortune to purchase 5,500 acres of overgrazed land in the Texas Hill Country. Planting grasses to soak in rains and fill hillside aquifers, Bamberger devoted the rest of his life to restoring the degraded landscape. Today, the land has been restored to its original habitat and boasts enormous biodiversity. Bamberger’s model of land stewardship is now being replicated across the region and he is considered to be a visionary in land management and water conservation.
➡ Subscribe: http://bit.ly/NatGeoSubscribe
➡ Get More Short Film Showcase: http://bit.ly/ShortFilmShowcase
- 1.50 Years Ago, This Was a Wasteland. He Changed Everything | Short Film Showcase
- 2.Texas Is on Fire With Polluting Flares From Fracking | NBC Left Field
- 3.Shale cowboys: fracking under Trump – Docu – 2017
- 4.Fracking: The real cost of shale in Texas | Guardian Investigations
- 5.This Natural Gas Plant Has Achieved Zero Emissions