HeroRATs-in-training may love their job, but that doesn’t mean it’s always an easy life! Landmine Detection recruits must wake up early every day and practice sniffing for mines and covering ground at APOPO’s Landmine Detection Training Field. With a little help from their trainers, they work hard in the hopes that they may one day be sent to APOPO’s Mine Action operations.
To learn about the work of APOPO, watch more videos, and meet the featured HeroRATs available for online adoption, check out www.apopo.org!
- 1.Bride Trade: Fighting Tanzania’s child bride tradition
- 2.Tanzania’s witch trials | Unreported World
- 3.Water contamination in Tanzania | DW Documentary
- 4.The New Environmentalists – From Peru to Tanzania
- 5.Navigating drought: The app saving Kenya’s herders | earthrise
- 6.At Sea Inspections reveal IUU fishing in West Indian Ocean
- 7.Isaac. The Story of a Little Giant. Heroic and cute, the landmine-detecting super rats!
- 8.APOPO HeroRATs – Giant rats detecting landmines
- 9.A Day in the Life of a HeroRAT-in-Training
- 10.Faces of Africa – Fidelis, APOPO and the Hero Rats
- 11.Bart Weetjens: How I taught rats to sniff out land mines
- 12.APOPO HeroRATs – Rats detecting Tuberculosis
- 13.Giant Rats Can Detect Tuberculosis! | Extraordinary Animals | Series 2 | Earth
- 14.An Island On the Brink of Collapse Makes a Huge Comeback | Short Film Showcase
- 15.Coca-Cola’s plastic secrets | DW Documentary