Dr. Vaughan takes us on a journey of exploration, fortunate mishaps and coral reproduction.
Dr. David E. Vaughan is an aquaculture researcher who has designed, built and operated many marine aquaculture projects, programs and businesses. He initiated the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institution’s Aquaculture Division in 1991 and built the Aquaculture Development Park, and ACTED, the Aquaculture Center for Training, Education and Demonstration. Dr. Vaughan built and developed the Center for Marine Ornamental Research (CMOR), which is now incorporated as Oceans, Reefs and Aquariums Inc (ORA), which he was president of until 2001 . Dr. Vaughan is also the Executive Director of the Mote Tropical Research Lab in the Florida Keys and manager of the Coral Reef Restoration Program
This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx
- 1.Sea level rise: Miami and Atlantic city fight to stay above water
- 2.Will climate change turn Miami into a ‘future Atlantis’?
- 3.How Climate Change Is Gentrifying Miami Housing | This New World
- 4.Sea level rise: Miami and Atlantic city fight to stay above water
- 5.Will climate change turn Miami into a ‘future Atlantis’?
- 6.Can an entire town run on solar?
- 7.Why Are Wild Parrots Disappearing in Miami? | Short Film Showcase
- 8.How coral restoration works
- 9.Bringing Coral Reefs Back To Life | Dr. David Vaughan | TEDxBermuda
- 10.A Coral Reef Revival | The Atlantic