This innovative power plant in Ethiopia burns waste to produce enough energy for up to a quarter of homes in the capital city, Addis Ababa.
The plant also produces water, eco-friendly bricks and creates hundreds of local jobs.
In the film, Global Managing Director, Samuel Alemayehu, talks us through how the project works and the impact and benefits it has for Ethiopia.
About the series: Every week we’ll bring you a new video story on the entrepreneurs, companies and countries changing our planet for the better. Check back every Monday for a new video on the incredible people changing our world.
Want to raise your #VoiceForThePlanet? Life on Earth is under threat, but you can help. People around the world are raising their voice in support of urgent action. Add yours now at www.voicefortheplanet.org
- 1.Regreening Ethiopia’s Highlands: A New Hope for Africa
- 2.In birthplace of coffee, Ethiopian farmers plant other crops
- 3.One Million Trees For Ethiopia
- 4.Ethiopia plants 350 million trees in one day to combat the climate crisis
- 5.Ethiopia has planted over 350 million trees in a day
- 6.Ethiopia plants more than 350 million trees in 12 hours
- 7.Ethiopian Green Legacy
- 8.Ethiopia has an innovative power plant that turns waste to energy
- 9.Africa’s First Waste to Energy Plant!