Support CaspianReport through Patreon:
Channel of Patrice:
BAKU – The Arctic covers roughly 14 million square kilometers of water and solid ice. It’s almost the size of Antarctica. For most of its part, the region is inhospitable. In the summer, the weather can rise above the melting point, yet, in the winter, it can plunge down to minus 45 degrees Celsius.
This situation, however, is not to last. In the coming decades, climate change will make the Arctic passages and resources become more accessible. Given the abundance of resources and critical trade routes, it should come as no surprise that the Arctic will turn into a new geopolitical flashpoint.
Decisions Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Be sure to follow CaspianReport on the social media.
- 1.Polar Bear Dying From Global Warming
- 2.HD: Arctic Melt Time Lapse – Nature’s Great Events: The Great Melt – BBC One
- 3.Melting Ice Caps: One Scientist’s Point of View
- 4.Melting Arctic: Assessing the Global Impact
- 5.Climate Change: Arctic warming pushes winter weather further south
- 6.Could thawing permafrost unleash long-gone deadly viruses?
- 7.NASA’s 2018 Permafrost Special “All Hell Breaks Lose”
- 8.Arctic wildfires on the rise in Canada
- 9.Climate Watch: Arctic to be hit by record-breaking heat wave from Europe
- 10.Why is there plastic in Arctic snow? – BBC News
- 11.Scientists find microscopic plastic particles in Arctic snow
- 12.The science of ice: investigating Arctic ice melt and its effect on marine life
- 13.‘Ocean Memories’: Greenpeace presents the world’s most northerly ice music concert
- 14.Greenpeace holds a historic performance with pianist Ludovico Einaudi on the Arctic Ocean (English)
- 15.Ludovico Einaudi – Elegy for the Arctic (The Making of)
- 16.NASA Studies How Arctic Fires Change the World
- 17.New Arctic lakes could soon be a major source of atmospheric methane
- 18.How Greenland’s massive ice melt will totally transform the world
- 19.Melting ice – the future of the Arctic | DW Documentary
- 20.NASA | The Arctic and the Antarctic Respond in Opposite Ways
- 21.Will The Arctic Circle Become A New Frontline? • NEW BATTLEFIELDS | Forces TV
- 22.The New Economy of the Warming Arctic
- 23.Geopolitics of the Arctic
- 24.Exploring the Arctic’s Global Seed Vault