A young woman, lured to North Dakota for a truck-driving job in the oil industry, shares her agonizing existence in an isolated boomtown.
Subscribe on YouTube: http://bit.ly/U8Ys7n
During the oil boom in North Dakota a lot of people went out there looking for work. Some of them hoping to make their fortune. This young woman didn’t have the same experience as some of her peers.
Read the story here: http://nyti.ms/1dtkWbG
- 1.“Men here are 100% worse… They’re animals.” – Life in a North Dakota oil & gas boomtown – BBC News
- 2.Why North Dakota’s oil fields are so deadly for workers
- 3.Oil, Corruption and Death on the Reservation | Times Documentaries | The New York Times
- 4.‘In the Land of Hell’: Life as a Female Trucker in North Dakota | Op-Docs | The New York Times
- 5.Sex and the Oil City: The dark side of North Dakota’s oil boom (RT Documentary)