A 600-foot dhow made entirely out of recycled ocean plastics and flip-flops is being built on Kenya’s coast.
It’s being assembled using 200,000 recycled flip-flops, and 25 tonnes of plastic waste from the ocean.
Once completed, it’ll make history as the first boat built entirely of recycled ocean plastic.
Al Jazeera’s Catherine Soi reports from Malindi, Kenya.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: http://www.aljazeera.com/
- 1.Menstruation in Kenya
- 2.Maasai Life Through A Child’s Eyes
- 3.The Land of No Men: Inside Kenya’s Women-Only Village
- 4.Why outlawing female genital mutilation is not enough: the cutter’s story
- 5.Northern white rhino at brink of extinction after last male died
- 6.Meet the Heroes Who Protect the Last Northern White Rhinos in the World | Short Film Showcase
- 7.Dancing on Water: Sand Dams in Kenya
- 8.Nairobi Company Developes Innovative Technique for Waste Management
- 9.A Boat Made From Plastic Waste is One of Kenya’s Solutions to a Global Problem | Short Film Showcase
- 10.Kenya recycling activists turn ocean plastics into dhow
- 11.Kenya’s FlipFlop Recycling Company turns Ocean’s Trash to Treasure
- 12.Inspirational! Creating art from washed up flip flops – Indian Ocean with Simon Reeve – BBC
- 13.Local environmental activists in Kenya | Business
- 14.This country banned plastic bags – should we all do the same? – BBC News
- 15.Kenya plastic bag ban – how effective has it been?
- 16.Poverty vs climate change | A New Climate
- 17.Flamingos of Bogoria | National Geographic
- 18.Headstone of Sudan, the last male northern white rhino, unveiled in Kenya
- 19.Rhino caregiver, James Mwenda Remembers Sudan
- 20.Kenyan Vets Turn to IVF to Save White Rhino From Extinction
- 21.Wanted Surrogate Moms to Save Northern White Rhinos
- 22.Fighting a locust plague amid Covid-19 in east Africa
- 23.Second wave of locusts in Africa expected to be 20 times worse | DW News