Protecting our climate and developing renewable energy sources are global challenges.The Netherlands-United States partnership makes innovative green solutions an economic opportunity. Dutch expertise in green building benefits both our countries through energy-neutral houses, green buildings, healthier work and living spaces, and sustainable technology.
Dutch wind parks produce energy for more than 225,000 homes. Together we are making wind power more reliable and accessible, with Dutch and American experts designing quieter and more efficient wind turbines.
The Netherlands and United States are developing new solar energy technology to power homes and businesses That’s part of why the Netherlands has the 6th largest number of renewable energy patents in the world.
Farmers in California use energy-efficient Dutch greenhouses that produce more food with less water less space and fewer pesticides. Energy-efficient transportation will define the 21st century, from one million electric cars on Dutch roads by 2025, To millions of bicycles. 30 percent of trips shorter than 5 miles in the Netherlands are by bike. And Dutch-American ventures promote bike use and safety in America.
Cutting edge renewable technologies
Harnessing natural resources
Protecting our climate
And turning sustainability into economic growth
Through the Netherlands-United States partnership
- 1.Wildlife-Friendly Motorways
- 2.Globally Great – Dutch Sustainability
- 3.How Dutch Innovation and Research feeds the World
- 4.The Netherlands and United States: Tackling Climate and Energy Challenges through Innovation
- 5.Water Management – The Delta Approach
- 6.Witness the Installation of a Giant GE Wind Turbine in the Netherlands
- 7.A 22-year-old has raised $30M to fund his idea behind cleaning up plastic in the ocean
- 8.Ocean cleanup: Dutch group to rid Great Pacific Garbage Patch of trash in 2018 – TomoNews
- 9.Boyan Slat – The New Picture of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch (2018)
- 10.Dutch scientists close to ‘breakthrough’ method of growing crops in deserts
- 11.Test-tube burgers and the future of meat | Earthrise
- 12.How Australia Impounded the World’s Second-Largest Fishing Trawler
- 13.Experimenting on Animals: Inside The Monkey Lab
- 14.WUR Alternatives for animal testing
- 15.Organ-on-chips: the power of combination | Berend van Meer | TEDxYouth@ISH
- 16.Budel Solar Farm, Netherlands
- 17.Could indoor farming help address food shortages?
- 18.Netherlands farm works to adapt to climate change effects
- 19.Bart Weetjens: How I taught rats to sniff out land mines
- 20.Flight of the Starlings: Watch This Eerie but Beautiful Phenomenon | Short Film Showcase
- 21.The Netherlands: Worlds Biggest Tax Haven?