The Blue World team learns how sea turtles, mostly highly-endangered Kemp’s Ridley sea turtles, get caught in Massachusetts bay at the end of the summer and become stranded due to falling water temperatures. Then volunteers from the Mass Audubon Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary collect the stranded turtles on the beach and bring them to the New England Aquarium’s animal care facility where they are nursed back to health. Finally the sea healthy sea turtles go back to Florida for release to the wild with the help of Sea World.
- 1.Gray Seals In The Wild | JONATHAN BIRD’S BLUE WORLD
- 2.Sea Turtle Rescue! | JONATHAN BIRD’S BLUE WORLD
- 3.The battery that could make mass solar and wind power viable | Dispatch
- 4.Microdevices that mimic human organs could replace animal testing
- 5.Growing food with zero heating in Massachusetts’ winter