How is increasing ice melt affecting marine wildlife, nature’s carbon storage system and the building blocks of ocean life? A team of scientists on the Greenpeace ship Arctic Sunrise take a look underneath the Arctic sea ice for clues.
In spring 2019, Greenpeace began a year-long expedition from Pole to Pole to uncover the threats facing our oceans face and show why we need a Global Ocean Treaty to protect them.
A key part of protecting the oceans is understanding the threats and changes that are already happening. We brought a team of scientists to the Arctic to study the ice, the water and the animals that are dependent on both.
Join the campaign: https://www.greenpeace.org/protectthe…
- 1.Polar Bear Dying From Global Warming
- 2.HD: Arctic Melt Time Lapse – Nature’s Great Events: The Great Melt – BBC One
- 3.Melting Ice Caps: One Scientist’s Point of View
- 4.Melting Arctic: Assessing the Global Impact
- 5.Climate Change: Arctic warming pushes winter weather further south
- 6.Could thawing permafrost unleash long-gone deadly viruses?
- 7.NASA’s 2018 Permafrost Special “All Hell Breaks Lose”
- 8.Arctic wildfires on the rise in Canada
- 9.Climate Watch: Arctic to be hit by record-breaking heat wave from Europe
- 10.Why is there plastic in Arctic snow? – BBC News
- 11.Scientists find microscopic plastic particles in Arctic snow
- 12.The science of ice: investigating Arctic ice melt and its effect on marine life
- 13.‘Ocean Memories’: Greenpeace presents the world’s most northerly ice music concert
- 14.Greenpeace holds a historic performance with pianist Ludovico Einaudi on the Arctic Ocean (English)
- 15.Ludovico Einaudi – Elegy for the Arctic (The Making of)
- 16.NASA Studies How Arctic Fires Change the World
- 17.New Arctic lakes could soon be a major source of atmospheric methane
- 18.How Greenland’s massive ice melt will totally transform the world
- 19.Melting ice – the future of the Arctic | DW Documentary
- 20.NASA | The Arctic and the Antarctic Respond in Opposite Ways
- 21.Will The Arctic Circle Become A New Frontline? • NEW BATTLEFIELDS | Forces TV
- 22.The New Economy of the Warming Arctic
- 23.Geopolitics of the Arctic
- 24.Exploring the Arctic’s Global Seed Vault