It has been 30 years since the Chernobyl disaster – the worst nuclear catastrophe in human history. Back in 1986, Yuriy Andreyev worked at the Chernobyl nuclear plant and was one of the engineers who helped contain the fallout of the accident.
In 2012 he gave his account of the events to BBC Ukrainian, which have been animated to tell the full story.
Animation by Luis Ruibal. Music by Alejandro Lovera. Producers Anastasiya Gribanova and Oleg Karpyak.
- 1.The Animals of Chernobyl | The New York Times
- 2.Chernobyl: What happened 30 years ago? BBC News
- 3.Chernobyl’s new ‘shield’ – BBC News
- 4.Chernobyl: Drone Footage Reveals an Abandoned City
- 5.Girl Tells the World That Down Syndrome Is ‘Not Scary’
- 6.30 Years After Chernobyl, Nature Is Thriving | National Geographic
- 7.The Animals of Chernobyl | The New York Times
- 8.Chernobyl: inside the exclusion zone
- 9.Wildlife Of Chernobyl
- 10.Chernobyl: Nature takes back what humans left behind | DW English
- 11.Chernobyl – Life In The Dead Zone [Full Documentary]
- 12.Chernobyl exclusion zone wildlife: Przewalski’s horses, june 2013
- 13.Wildlife flourishing in Chernobyl fallout zone thanks to lack of humans, say scientists
- 14.Chernobyl’s Radioactive Wildlife Full Documentary
- 15.The Dogs of Chernobyl – Abandoned In The Zone
- 16.Mutant Chernobyl Wolves are Spreading Across Europe
- 17.Chernobyl Wolf Pack
- 18.Wolves of Chernobyl Radio Active Animal Mutations Full Documentary