Gordon Buchanan comes face to face with a huge wild polar bear who is keen to get to what smells like a tasty meal.
Subscribe to BBC Earth for more amazing animal videos – http://bit.ly/BBCEarthSub
Watch more videos from BBC Earth:
Planet Earth http://bit.ly/PlanetEarthPlaylist
Blue Planet http://bit.ly/BluePlanetPlaylist
Planet Earth II http://bit.ly/PlanetEarthIIPlaylist
Planet Dinosaur http://bit.ly/PlanetDinoPlaylist
Check out the other two channels in our BBC Earth network:
BBC Earth Unplugged: http://bit.ly/BBCEarthUnplugged
BBC Earth Lab: http://bit.ly/BBCEarthLabYouTubeChannel
Polar Bear Family and Me
Polar bears are one of the most iconic animals on earth, and yet we know so little about them. Apart from fleeting glimpses, scientists and filmmakers have never been able to follow individuals to tell their story and record details of their family life. Now, taking what he has learnt while making the absorbing series The Bear Family and Me, wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan embarks on a new, ambitious and dangerous mission – to gain the trust of a family of polar bears and, using this unique opportunity, observe the life of these enigmatic animals as never before, over the course of a year.
About BBC Earth:
The world is an amazing place full of stories, beauty and natural wonder. Explore the official BBC Earth YouTube channel and meet the animals and wildlife of your planet. Here you’ll find 50 years worth of astounding, entertaining, thought-provoking and educational natural history documentaries. Dramatic, rare and wild nature doesn’t get more exciting than this. Subscribe to be the first to view new animal documentary videos. You can also become part of the BBC Earth community on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Here you’ll find the best natural history content from the web, exclusive videos and images and a thriving, vibrant community.
Want to share your views with the team behind BBC Earth and win prizes? Join our fan panel here: http://tinyurl.com/YouTube-BBCEarth-F…
This is a channel from BBC Studios who help fund new BBC programmes.
- 1.Antarctic Whale Defense Campaign
- 2.Illegal Japanese whaling filmed by the Australian Government in Antarctica
- 3.Go Inside an Antarctic ‘City’ of 400,000 King Penguins — Ep. 4 | Wildlife: Resurrection Island
- 4.The Deepest Dive in Antarctica Reveals a Sea Floor Teeming With Life
- 5.Antarctic sanctuary: The Weddell Sea quest | earthrise
- 6.Wild Polar Bear Tries To Break In | BBC Earth
- 7.Emperor Penguin Mourns the Death of Chick | BBC Earth
- 8.Baby Emperor Penguins Emerge from Their Shells | Nature on PBS
- 9.Penguin Chicks’ Stand Off Against Predator | Spy In The Snow | BBC Earth
- 10.Penguin Chicks Struggle To Survive | Planet Earth | BBC Earth
- 11.Emperor penguins | The Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth | BBC Earth
- 12.Emperor Penguin Lays Her Egg – Penguins: Spy in the Huddle – Episode 1 Preview BBC One
- 13.How Penguin Moms Find Their Chicks
- 14.BBC Documentray 2015 National geographic animals Penguins Documentary Animal
- 15.Penguin Baywatch Antartica (Wildlife Documentary)
- 16.Penguin Baywatch (Wildlife Documentary)
- 17.Paul Nicklen: Emperors of the Ice | Nat Geo Live
- 18.Emperor chicks standing tall – Penguins: Spy in the Huddle – Episode 2 Preview – BBC One
- 19.A Young Penguin’s First Plunge | Wild Antarctica
- 20.Penguins lost in a blizzard – Snow Babies – BBC One Christmas 2012
- 21.Melting Ice Caps: One Scientist’s Point of View
- 22.Illegal Fishing in Antarctica Shut Down by Sea Shepherd.
- 23.Antarctica is losing ice at an accelerating rate. How much will sea levels rise?
- 24.2017 Arctic Documentary HD – Secrets of permafrost North Pole
- 25.Antarctic Permafrost Documentary National Geographer Watch in 2019
- 26.Why Antarctica’s Thwaites glacier is so “terrifying”
- 27.Thwaites Glacier Aero Survey 2019
- 28.How quickly could a massive Antarctic glacier collapse?
- 29.Pine Island and Thwaites: The two Antarctic glaciers that could define the destiny of humanity
- 30.Talking with Scientists on the Nathaniel B. Palmer at the Thwaites Glacier in Antarctica
- 31.Is the Thwaites Glacier contributing to sea-level rise?
- 32.Antarctica is losing ice at an accelerating rate. How much will sea levels rise?
- 33.Gigantic Manhattan Sized Hole Discovered In Antarctic glacier
- 34.NASA scientists found massive cavity beneath Dangerous thwaites Antarctic glacier l Alert Issued l
- 35.Prof Jonathan Bamber on Thwaites Glacier, Antarctica’s ‘weak underbelly’
- 36.Antarctic’s ice sheet is melting 6 times faster than in 1979
- 37.Crack Splitting an Antarctic Ice Shelf In Two | National Geographic
- 38.Take a 4-Minute Escape to the Blissful Serenity of Antarctica | Short Film Showcase
- 39.Antarctica | Exploring Oceans
- 40.The Land of Pure Silence | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 41.Studying the Dry Valleys of Antarctica | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 42.Antarctica is Beautiful, but Changing | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 43.Work For Future Generations | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 44.The Curious Ecosystems of Antarctica | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 45.Whale Tagging and Why It’s Done | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 46.Eyes on Orcas | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 47.Chill Out with Adélie and Emperor Penguins | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 48.Adélie Penguin Numbers Have Marched Upward—But Should We Be Happy? | National Geographic
- 49.All About the Emperor Penguin | Continent 7: Antarctica
- 50.How does a penguin launch itself from the sea? – The Wonder of Animals: Episode 1 Preview – BBC Four
- 51.Emperor Penguins Speed Launch Out of the Water | National Geographic
- 52.25 Years of Antarctic Land Ice Elevation Change Anomalies (West Coast Fly Over)
- 53.NASA | The Arctic and the Antarctic Respond in Opposite Ways