Miss Honduras Maria Jose Alvarado became a tragic symbol of gender-based violence after she was killed, but many Honduran women live in fear of being attacked by men.
Post Series: Honduras
- 1.The battle between Maras gangs in Honduras – On the streets of the world’s murder capital
- 2.Floating Trash ‘Island’ Spotted in Caribbean Sea Near Roatan
- 3.Femicide, Part 1: Honduras, one of the most dangerous places to be a woman | ABC News
- 4.Inside the ‘pure hell’ of violence against women in Honduras
- 5.‘Up in Smoke’ Film Examines Perils of Slash and Burn Agriculture