As Kenya prepares to enact a ban on the use of plastic bags beginning September 2017, some African countries are proud to have set the pace on this environmental challenge.
Rwanda is among the few African countries that have banned the use and manufacture of plastic bags, an act that has put it among the cleanest cities in the world.
- 1.How Rwanda has managed to effect ban on the use of plastic bags
- 2.Life after Plastics: Rwanda lessons
- 3.Ten years on: Rwanda’s plastic ban | DW English
- 4.Rwanda bans plastic bags
- 5.Using Banana leaves to make nappies
- 6.Simple Idea, Major Impact – Ugandan professor invents MakaPads | Global 3000