Prof. Richard Lunt of the Michigan State University and his team developed a completely new solar cell. This cell is transparent like glass and uses a much broader spectrum of light than common solar cells. With this technology in the near future it will be possible to charge mobile devices or vehicles. More over with transparent solar cells we could use buildings like skyscrapers to harvest energy.
Prof. Richard Lunt (Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering & Materials Science and Physics Michigan State University)
Keynote: „See-Through Solar Harvesting Surfaces“, recorded at BMW Welcomes – topic: Smart Materials.
More BMW Welcomes keynotes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list…
- 1.People Are Making Big Money Kicking Detroit Residents Out Of Their Homes (HBO)
- 2.Transparent Solar Panels | Michigan State University
- 3.The solar cell that is transparent like glass. Keynote Prof. Richard Lunt at BMW Welcomes.
- 4.A ‘clear path’ to solar power – Science Nation
- 5.Transparent solar panel developed by MSU absorbs invisible ultraviolet rays
- 6.How Native Americans Are Saving Vegetables from Extinction
- 7.Detroit’s Urban Beekeepers are Transforming the City’s Vacant Lots | Short Film Showcase
- 8.Solar power could be the answer to aging electrical grids