Inspecting a vessel at sea is no easy or trivial matter. It requires practice, patience and a keen eye. In this video, the team on the M/Y Ocean Warrior displays how a boarding works, as a part of Operation Jodari.
Operation Jodari is our partnership with the Tanzanian government and Fish-i Africa to stop IUU fishing by assisting Tanzanian officers in monitoring, control and surveillance of all fishing activity in Tanzanian waters, including fishing vessel inspections and boarding procedures. To do this, Sea Shepherd is providing the Ocean Warrior civilian patrol vessel with experienced crew, while the Tanzanian government is providing 10 law enforcement agents (LEAs) with the Deep Sea Fishing Authority, Tanzanian Navy and the Multi-Agency Task Team (MATT).
Learn more about Op Jodari here: http://bit.ly/2sSkNgy
Please consider donating to our efforts here: http://bit.ly/2hKwNvu
- 1.Bride Trade: Fighting Tanzania’s child bride tradition
- 2.Tanzania’s witch trials | Unreported World
- 3.Water contamination in Tanzania | DW Documentary
- 4.The New Environmentalists – From Peru to Tanzania
- 5.Navigating drought: The app saving Kenya’s herders | earthrise
- 6.At Sea Inspections reveal IUU fishing in West Indian Ocean
- 7.Isaac. The Story of a Little Giant. Heroic and cute, the landmine-detecting super rats!
- 8.APOPO HeroRATs – Giant rats detecting landmines
- 9.A Day in the Life of a HeroRAT-in-Training
- 10.Faces of Africa – Fidelis, APOPO and the Hero Rats
- 11.Bart Weetjens: How I taught rats to sniff out land mines
- 12.APOPO HeroRATs – Rats detecting Tuberculosis
- 13.Giant Rats Can Detect Tuberculosis! | Extraordinary Animals | Series 2 | Earth
- 14.An Island On the Brink of Collapse Makes a Huge Comeback | Short Film Showcase
- 15.Coca-Cola’s plastic secrets | DW Documentary