In this epic adventure, Jonathan investigates the resurgence in the New England Gray Seal population that is happening after more than 40 years of protection under the Marine Mammal Protection Act. He joins a team of NOAA researchers on Muskeget Island near Nantucket who are studying the population growth with aerial surveys during the pupping season. He dives with seals at the Isles-of-Shoals in Maine and learns how the seals affect the other populations in the ocean such as fish and sharks. Not everyone is thrilled about the return of the seals, but they sure are adorable and curious!
JONATHAN BIRD’S BLUE WORLD is an Emmy Award-winning underwater science/adventure program.
- 1.Gray Seals In The Wild | JONATHAN BIRD’S BLUE WORLD
- 2.Sea Turtle Rescue! | JONATHAN BIRD’S BLUE WORLD
- 3.The battery that could make mass solar and wind power viable | Dispatch
- 4.Microdevices that mimic human organs could replace animal testing
- 5.Growing food with zero heating in Massachusetts’ winter