China is notorious for its air pollution, but it also boasts the world’s cleanest, most efficient power plant in Shanghai. And it does so by burning the dirtiest of all fossil fuels – coal. Can one really turn coal ‘clean’?
More about the truth behind China’s green technologies like solar power and electric vehicles on the series Coming Clean About Green: https://cna.asia/ccag
For more, SUBSCRIBE to CNA INSIDER!
Follow CNA INSIDER on:
About the series:
Our planet is in trouble. Ice caps are melting, islands are drowning, and our weather is out of whack.
But there also appears to be many ways to save it. From cycling to recycling, ditching plastic to embracing electric. In our fight against climate change, we have produced more innovative solutions than ever.
But how much can they help?
Follow host Alex Yue as he travels across Asia to uncover the reality of green solutions – from sustainable fishing in Thailand, to clean coal in China.
- 1.Acid Rain in China
- 2.China’s Geography Problem
- 3.The Devastating Effects of Pollution in China
- 4.Invisible Lives: A Legacy Of China’s Strict Family Planning Rules
- 5.Child trafficking in China
- 6.Babies Openly Sold Online in China
- 7.China’s Lost Girls | National Geographic
- 8.The Sun King of China
- 9.Left Behind: Young Children on Their Own in China
- 10.China Leaving United States Behind On Green Energy Jobs | On Assignment with Richard Engel | MSNBC
- 11.China’s growing recycling industry
- 12.The Land Where Women Rule: Inside China’s Last Matriarchy
- 13.The Friends Who Planted 10,000 Trees
- 14.Regreening the desert – VPRO documentary – 2012
- 15.China’s Greening Of Vast Kubuqi Desert Is A Model For Land Restoration Projects Everywhere | TIME
- 16.China’s huge panda-shaped solar farm
- 17.Most watched live moment: World’s first panda-shaped solar plant
- 18.Chinese buy fresh air from Canada – BBC News
- 19.Meet Zhu, one of China’s left-behind children
- 20.China: Children left behind as economy booms
- 21.Nine million ‘left-behind children’ become a social issue in China
- 22.Visiting the ‘Left Behind’ Children in China
- 23.Left Behind: China’s Child Negligence Epidemic (LinkAsia: 12/7/12)
- 24.Suicides of four children in China raise welfare concerns
- 25.Desperate parents now overwhelming China’s ‘baby hatches’
- 26.China’s Left Behind Children
- 27.China’s Waste Ban Is Causing A Trash Crisis In The U.S. (HBO)
- 28.China Desperately Grapples With Its Plastic Waste Crisis
- 29.Is China Destroying the Recycling Industry?
- 30.Why China doesn’t want your waste anymore – BBC News
- 31.Can China Dump Its Waste Addiction? | Foreign Correspondent
- 32.Regreening the desert with John D. Liu – Docu – 2012
- 33.Can A Desert Be Reclaimed For Human Habitation?
- 34.How China transformed its desert into a fruit growing oasis
- 35.Dongying, China: Growing Forests in Saline Soil
- 36.China Leaving United States Behind On Green Energy Jobs | On Assignment with Richard Engel | MSNBC
- 37.Uncaged: saving China’s songbirds from the poachers’ nets
- 38.China’s Ionic Smog-Sucking Vacuum: Upgrade
- 39.China’s Transport Revolution – earthrise
- 40.Driving Change – earthrise
- 41.Why Are There Lakes In This Desert?
- 42.Guardians of the Pangolin: The fight to save the world’s most trafficked animal
- 43.What Can Beijing Learn From Los Angeles’ Pollution Problem?
- 44.China’s pollution dilemma – Inside Story
- 45.China Airpocalypse | 101 East
- 46.Inside China’s most polluted city
- 47.China’s polluted water
- 48.Unique ways to deal with China’s air pollution
- 49.Tapping into sponge city drainage ecosystems | Li Dihua
- 50.Half Empty: Promoting ‘sponge cities’ to ease China’s water shortages
- 51.China to build ‘sponge cities’ to cut down on pollution
- 52.China is building 30 ‘sponge cities’ that aim to soak up floodwater and prevent disaster
- 53.Why your recyclables might have no place to go
- 54.Loss of Chinese export market drives new ideas for repurposing recyclables
- 55.How This U.S. City Ended Up in a Dire Recycling Crisis | Reports | NowThis
- 56.Crawling the Canopy for Survival with the Red Panda
- 57.China’s Booming Mink Fur Trade
- 58.Skinned Alive – Staggering Cruelty in the Rabbit Fur Trade
- 59.China: Denim Blues | 101 East
- 60.Inside The World’s Cleanest Power Plant – In China | Coming Clean About Green | CNA Insider
- 61.The Children Risking Their Lives In Underwater Gold Mines
- 62.Organ harvesting witness speaks out
- 63.Has China really stopped obtaining organs from executed prisoners?
- 64.Exposed: Forced Organ Harvesting in China Has Taken Place ‘On A Significant Scale’
- 65.Harvested alive －10 years investigation of Force Organ Harvesting
- 66.China organ trafficking: ‘I sold my kidney for £4,000’ – BBC News
- 67.Dying for Life: China’s volunteer organ donors
- 68.Where your hair extensions really come from – BBC Stories
- 69.Rare porpoise in danger of extinction
- 70.China, hero or villain? | A New Climate
- 71.China-fuelled cruise boom sparks environment fears
- 72.Can conservation save our ocean? | The Economist
- 73.Gross or Brilliant? Using Bugs to Feed the Animals We Eat | National Geographic
- 74.Is China doing enough to fight climate change? | DW News
- 75.How China is (and isn’t) fighting pollution and climate change | Angel Hsu
- 76.China is forcing the world to rethink recycling
- 77.Here’s Why China Is Killing The Global Recycling Industry
- 78.Clearer water, cleaner air: the environmental effects of coronavirus
- 79.Coronavirus leads to decrease in CO2 emissions: Can it last? | DW News
- 80.Think COVID-19 has no effect on climate change?
- 81.What China’s Pollution Says About Coronavirus and the Economy | WSJ