More and more travelers are heading for cities that promote environmentally friendly transport, renewable energy, and restaurants that serve food from sustainable sources. We take you to Hamburg, Neumarkt, and Freiburg.
Hamburg’s “Hafen City” is a residential- and business district that’s being built in a former industrial area. The city is growing — without expanding into the suburbs. Neumarkt, in the Oberpfalz region, has won a national award for its sustainability programs.
- 1.Putting the Fizz Back into Planet Earth
- 2.Life without plastic | DW Documentary
- 3.Germany’s poor pensioners | DW Documentary
- 4.Germany: Homeless Students | European Journal
- 5.Sustainable Tourism | Discover Germany
- 6.Energy to go: the world’s smallest hydropower plant | Eco-at-Africa
- 7.Berlin is Becoming a Sponge City
- 8.The Child Labour Experiment
- 9.Germany’s Renewable Energy Revolution
- 10.An Immersive Voyage Into Germany’s Energy Revolution | National Geographic
- 11.How To Save The World: Germany’s Wind Power Economy
- 12.Ravens and crows – the most intelligent birds in the world (animal documentary in HD)
- 13.Climate heroes – carbon neutral living | DW Documentary (Environment documentary)
- 14.Is China doing enough to fight climate change? | DW News