In West Texas, an oil boom is creating a major problem for producers and locals alike: wasting natural gas by burning or flaring it, which sends billions of cubic feet of CO2 into the atmosphere. Not only does the flaring cost the industry money, but the release of gases damages the climate and could be toxic to those living near the fracking rigs.
* SUBSCRIBE to NBC LEFT FIELD: http://nbcnews.to/2rAQzwx
- 1.50 Years Ago, This Was a Wasteland. He Changed Everything | Short Film Showcase
- 2.Texas Is on Fire With Polluting Flares From Fracking | NBC Left Field
- 3.Shale cowboys: fracking under Trump – Docu – 2017
- 4.Fracking: The real cost of shale in Texas | Guardian Investigations
- 5.This Natural Gas Plant Has Achieved Zero Emissions