Desertification threatens the environment as well as local economies in north China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. An experiment is being carried out in the Kubuqi desert to control desertification and even turn the area green.
Post Series: Mongolia
- 1.Saving the World’s Rarest Bear | National Geographic
- 2.Anti-desertification efforts in China’s Inner Mongolia – Kubuqi
- 3.China’s Greening Of Vast Kubuqi Desert Is A Model For Land Restoration Projects Everywhere | TIME
- 4.The Children Living in the Sewers of Mongolia’s Cities (2001)
- 5.Can A Desert Be Reclaimed For Human Habitation?
- 6.Passive solar greenhouses in Mongolia to defy cold winters (long version)
- 7.Mongolia Stories of Change: Transition to Green Development
- 8.70 years on: Green development flourishes in Inner Mongolia
- 9.GCF in Mongolia: Towards a climate-resilient future
- 10.Life In The Most Polluted Capital In The World: Mongolia’s Children Struggle To Breathe | TIME
- 11.GCF supports Mongolia’s ambition to pursue a low-emission future