Inspired by Charles Massy’s best-selling book “Call of the Reed Warbler”, filmmaker Amy Browne set out across the dry farming country of South East NSW to meet Massy and the other trailblazing farmers bringing new life to their land.
Regenerative agriculture is one of the most promising wide-scale environmental solutions. This short documentary is a comprehensive journey through a variety of landscapes and regenerative farming techniques.
‘From the Ground Up’ is a story of genuine change and inspiration – tracing the steps of individuals who transformed their practices following the life-changing realisation – that farmers have a unique opportunity to heal the planet.
Additional resources on regenerative agriculture:
– Allan Savory on “How to fight desertification and reverse climate change”: https://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savor…
– Charles Massy on “How regenerative farming can help save the planet and human health”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et8YK…
“Call of the Reed Warbler – A New Agriculture, A New Earth” by Charles Massy
“The Biggest Estate on Earth – How Aborigines Made Australia” by Bill Gammage
“Back from the Brink – How Australia’s Landscape Can Be Saved” by Peter Andrews
- 1.Australia’s Energy Security – 24/7 Concentrated Solar Thermal Power plus Molten Salt Storage (CSP+)
- 2.Land & Water Management
- 3.Waste and Recycling
- 4.What is Climate Change? For Children
- 5.From Sniper to Rhino Conservationist | Damien Mander | TEDxJacksonHole
- 6.60 Minutes: Right or wrong (New Down’s syndrome screening) Australia
- 7.Australia: Slaving Away | 101 East
- 8.Illegal Japanese whaling filmed by the Australian Government in Antarctica
- 9.Extraordinary Octopus Takes To Land | The Hunt | BBC Earth
- 10.Giant Australian Cuttlefish! | JONATHAN BIRD’S BLUE WORLD
- 11.Coral Reefs & Climate Change
- 12.Rising Ocean Temperatures are “Cooking” Coral Reefs | National Geographic
- 13.3 x 20ft Shipping Containers Turn Into Amazing Compact Home
- 14.Life in the urban jungle: Can Australia save its koalas? | earthrise
- 15.The secret tactics Monsanto used to protect Roundup, its star product | Four Corners
- 16.Operation Nemesis: The Ocean Warrior Arrives in Australia
- 17.How Australia Impounded the World’s Second-Largest Fishing Trawler
- 18.Dealing with the growing recycling crisis | ABC News
- 19.Why Australia’s booming renewable energy industry has started hitting hurdles | Four Corners
- 20.How Selfies Helped Protect a Threatened Species
- 21.Sustainable Apartments – A New Model for the Future | Jeremy McLeod | TEDxStKilda
- 22.The dark side of the solar power boom: Power Shock, Part 2 | 7.30
- 23.Why 25 degrees really is hot in the UK | Did You Know?
- 24.Modern Warrior: Damien Mander at TEDxSydney
- 25.From Sniper to Rhino Conservationist | Damien Mander | TEDxJacksonHole
- 26.How female wildlife rangers saved Aussie commando | 60 Minutes Australia
- 27.The piles of plastic waste swallowing villages in Indonesia | 7.30
- 28.Indonesia returns millions of tonnes of waste to Australia
- 29.Exposing Australia’s recycling lie | 60 Minutes Australia
- 30.Why not all reusable bags are good for the planet | Did You Know?
- 31.The face of Australia’s drought crisis
- 32.Proud Country: A portrait of Australia’s worst drought in 50 years | Four Corners
- 33.The Last Straw | The devastation of drought on Australia’s farms | Sunday Night
- 34.How Peter Andrews rejuvenates drought-struck land | Australian Story
- 35.Parrots: Majestic Birds (Nature Documentary)
- 36.The Regenerative Farmer – David Marsh
- 37.‘From the Ground Up – Regenerative Agriculture’
- 38.How regenerative farming can help heal the planet and human health | Charles Massy | TEDxCanberra
- 39.A DRY HOPE • Short Film on Regenerative Agriculture
- 40.Carbon Farming – An Industry of the Future
- 41.Sustainable City Living on 1/10th of an Acre – Degrowth in the Suburbs
- 42.Australia’s climate wars: a decade of dithering
- 43.David Attenborough: it’s ‘extraordinary’ climate deniers remain in Australian politics
- 44.Is Australia on track to meet its Paris target? | Four Corners
- 45.News Explains: Climate change – what is Australia actually doing about it?
- 46.Climate change causes Islands to disappear | 60 Minutes Australia
- 47.Climate change in Australia: A continent on the brink
- 48.Climate Change and Australia
- 49.Tears shed at Pacific Islands Forum over Australia’s climate change efforts | Nine News Australia
- 50.The Great Barrier Reef May Be Dying Faster Than We Thought | National Geographic
- 51.Coral Bleaching in the Great Barrier Reef | Years of Living Dangerously
- 52.Why Australians Can’t Agree On How To Save The Great Barrier Reef (HBO)
- 53.BBC Wonders of the Great Barrier Reef
- 54.How the Great Barrier Reef is being saved – BBC Travel Show
- 55.The Reef Pt 1: Is it too late to repair the Great Barrier Reef?
- 56.The Reef Pt 2: Could farming changes help save the Great Barrier Reef?
- 57.The Reef Pt 3: Where do we need to invest to save the Great Barrier Reef?
- 58.A Breakthrough for Coral Reef Restoration
- 59.First Ever Footage: Watch Coral Bleaching Happen Before Your Eyes | National Geographic
- 60.What is coral bleaching? Can it be fixed?
- 61.60 Minutes Australia: Great Barrier Grief (2017)
- 62.Yes, we can save the world’s coral reefs | Terry Hughes | TEDxJCUCairns
- 63.Why we need to start a reef revolution | Dr Adam Smith | TEDxTownsville
- 64.Tracking Green Turtles in the Great Barrier Reef | Fearless Adventures with Jack Randall
- 65.Journalist goes undercover at “wet markets”, where the Coronavirus started | 60 Minutes Australia